Re: Clef "treble_8"

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Clef "treble_8"
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 22:09:19 +0100

Hi Michael and Karlin,

thank you for your positive reaction. There are 3 files¹:

- a cheat sheet: https://joramberger.de/files/lilypond_sheet_2.18_en.pdf
- “visual index”: https://joramberger.de/files/lilypond_visualindex.pdf
- spacing overview: https://joramberger.de/files/LilypondSpacing.pdf

The cheat sheet is also available in other languages (and as SVG)²:

https://joramberger.de/files/lilypond_sheet_2.18_de.pdf
https://joramberger.de/files/lilypond_sheet_2.18_fr.pdf
https://joramberger.de/files/lilypond_sheet_2.18_it.pdf
https://joramberger.de/files/lilypond_sheet_2.18_en.svg
https://joramberger.de/files/lilypond_sheet_2.18_de.svg
https://joramberger.de/files/lilypond_sheet_2.18_fr.svg
https://joramberger.de/files/lilypond_sheet_2.18_it.svg

>> Why isn't this part of the official docs?

I once tried to get them in an appropriate place in the official
documentation. But they were not accepted. For the cheat sheet, main
objections were:

- not source code (even though SVG is an open and text based format)
- needs updates for new versions (well, those basic things did not
  change for at least 7 years now and even if they did…)
- does not fit into the texinfo documentation creation process (ok)

The case of the spacing overview is similar. The visual index is created
from a LilyPond source code. If I (or someone) finds a way to create a
clickable SVG file from it, one could include it into HTML and make it
blend much better into the/a documentation website.

Cheers,
Joram

¹: A gentle introduction to overrides will follow at some point.
²: A 2.20 version will be put online as soon as 2.20 is out.