Re: Cheat sheets and LilyPond documentation

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Cheat sheets and LilyPond documentation
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 07:30:59 +0100

> Am 2020-02-11 um 23:11 schrieb David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>
> It _is_ the source format if I understand you correctly.

Yes, Inkscape’s SVG is "rich" but completely valid and displayable in browsers.

Inkscape can import/export other formats, but SVG is its native format.

It can also use SVGZ (compressed SVG) to save some disk space, but with a text
(XML) format like SVG we’re on the save side.

There are already tools to e.g. replace text in SVG (might become handy for
translations), but I guess manual intervention would be necessary to keep the
layout.

> At any rate, it seems I apparently need to add some redundancy or I'll
> never get anywhere without losing all company on the way.

There, there.
David, your input is valuable and appreciated. (And I’m sorry you couldn’t
survive on working for LilyPond!)

In nerd & geek zones like this we are (or at least should be) used to and often
can’t survive without autistic characters and their not always cordial
interactions. (Being on the spectrum myself.)

All the best,
Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle