Re: Installing missing Guile modules in order to

From: Leah Velleman
Subject: Re: Installing missing Guile modules in order to
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 18:09:48 -0400

I'm afraid the information I see at
https://github.com/lilypond/lilypond/blob/master/Documentation/usage/running.itely,
or at
http://partitura.org/wp-content/uploads/lilypond/html/Documentation/usage/command_002dline-usage.html#relocation-files
which appears to be a compiled version, isn't enough for me to guess what particular lines to add to the relocation file to solve this problem.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 5:48 PM Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
Am Mo., 23. Sept. 2019 um 22:48 Uhr schrieb Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> >> no code for module (ice-9 readline)
> >>
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> This seems to mean I should install Guile modules that Lilypond
> >> doesn't install by default, but I haven't been able to work out
> >> from the doc where to install them so that Lilypond will be able to
> >> find them.  Any suggestions on how to get started with this?
> >
> > There was a long thread about a related issue:
> > http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/No-readline-in-scheme-sandbox-td195372i20.html
> > regrettable without real good solution.  It looks like the
> > wrapper-script which is created while installing LilyPond does not
> > find what's wished.
>
> Please read the section `Relocation files' in lilypond's usage guide.

I had only a very quick glance over it, looks like you heavily
extended and improved it.
Alas, currently only people self-compiling docs from git can read it.

> It seems as if the setup in file
>
>   /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/etc/relocate/guile.reloc
>
> (or something similar) is not sufficient for debugging.

Well, unfortunately this is beyond my depth.

Thanks,
  Harm