Re: Installing missing Guile modules in order to

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Installing missing Guile modules in order to
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 21:38:19 +0200

Am Mo., 23. Sept. 2019 um 18:45 Uhr schrieb Leah Velleman
<address@hidden>:

> Attempting to follow the instructions here for setting a breakpoint
>

> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/debugging-scheme-code
>

> gets me several errors:
>
> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly/guile-debugger.ly:39:2:
>  error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
> #
>  (use-modules (ice-9 readline))
> no code for module (ice-9 readline)
> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly/guile-debugger.ly:40:2:
>  error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
> #
>  (activate-readline)
> Unbound variable: activate-readline
>
>  Guile debugger for Lilypond
>  For help enter (debug-help)
> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly/guile-debugger.ly:46:2:
>  error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
> #
>  (use-modules (scm guile-debugger))
> no code for module (ice-9 debugger command-loop)
>

> This seems to mean I should install Guile modules that Lilypond doesn't
> install by default, but I haven't been able to work out from the doc where to
> install them so that Lilypond will be able to find them. Any suggestions on
> how to get started with this?
>
> Thanks,
> LV

There was a long thread about a related issue:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/No-readline-in-scheme-sandbox-td195372i20.html
regrettable without real good sollution.
It looks like the wrapper-script which is created while installing
LilyPond does not find what's wished.

You could invoke lilypond without the wrapper, like
path/to/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond my-file.ly

or

Find the relevant line in the wrapper. For me this line reads:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/harm/lilypond/usr/lib"
Comment it.

Both, works for me.

Cheers,
  Harm