Installing missing Guile modules in order to

From: Leah Velleman
Subject: Installing missing Guile modules in order to
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 12:42:39 -0400

Attempting to follow the instructions here for setting a breakpoint

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/debugging-scheme-code

gets me several errors:

/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly/guile-debugger.ly:39:2: error: GUILE signaled an error for the _expression_ beginning here
#
 (use-modules (ice-9 readline))
no code for module (ice-9 readline)
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly/guile-debugger.ly:40:2: error: GUILE signaled an error for the _expression_ beginning here
#
 (activate-readline)
Unbound variable: activate-readline

 Guile debugger for Lilypond
 For help enter (debug-help)
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly/guile-debugger.ly:46:2: error: GUILE signaled an error for the _expression_ beginning here
#
 (use-modules (scm guile-debugger))
no code for module (ice-9 debugger command-loop)

This seems to mean I should install Guile modules that Lilypond doesn't install by default, but I haven't been able to work out from the doc where to install them so that Lilypond will be able to find them. Any suggestions on how to get started with this?

Thanks,
LV