Re: Trouble with Triplets (Corrected)

From: Stefano Antonelli
Subject: Re: Trouble with Triplets (Corrected)
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 21:36:23 -0700

On Fri, 2019-08-30 at 14:35 +0200, Michael Gerdau wrote:
> > I did indeed examine your code, but that part certainly wasn't
> > clear.
> >  As I understand it what you wrote is no different from:
> >
> > \repeat percent 4 { \enterStrictTime \first \leaveStrictTime }
> AFAIUI it is
> \repeat percent 4 { \startNewSpacingSectionWithStrictTime \first
> \leaveStrictTime }
>
> and that is fundamentally different from
> \startNewSpacingSectionWithStrictTime \repeat percent 4 { \first }
> \leaveStrictTime
>
> or that is my understanding, but I may be wrong.

I'm not sure I grasp entirely what starting a new spacing section
means.  The documentation doesn't make it sound terribly profound.
 Just creates a new context I presume.  I don't see why a new spacing
section would would affect the width of the repeat.  Clearly though it
does.

In the end, I decided that graph paper spacing just wasn't going to
work.  However, I would like the ability to set a "fixed" spacing for
certain phrases.  That way when they are encountered more than once,
they don't look any different.

But that's a question I'll ask in a different email.

Thanks again for the insight.

-Stef