Re: Trouble with Triplets (Corrected)

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Trouble with Triplets (Corrected)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 23:15:49 +0200

>>> Ideas on how to fix these issues are greatly appreciated.
>> Your pattern does not fit 4 times in a line. That's creating some of
>> your problems. To circumvent that you could switch between spacing
>> settings inside the notes as in the attached example.
>
> Thank you very much.  Could you please elaborate on why this works?
>
> In particular, why not fitting 4 times on a line creates some of the
> problem?  Wouldn't the repeat measures alleviate that spacing
> constraint?  That was the intent for this example anyway.

If I recall correctly you wrote you wanted strict spacing such that equal time
uses equal space. That will then apply to repeat bars likewise. My suggested
modification waives that requirement for the repeated bars.

When you request strict ruler like time to space relationship then how do you
expect Lilypond to know when repeated bars are allowed to use less space and
when not so unless you explicitly say so?

> I understand that the pattern does not fit 4 times on a line.  How to
> do so is one of my questions.

You have looked at my code?
Which part don’t you understand?

I do waive the requirements for strict time to space relation for the repeated
bars.

> I feel that it should be possible to scale "something" in lilypond to
> do the same thing, but I haven't figured that out yet.

magnifyStaff is your friend. Or globally changing the size. There are plenty
examples in the documentation.

Kind regards,
Michael