Re: Melisma breaking converting from 2.18 to 2.19

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Melisma breaking converting from 2.18 to 2.19
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 10:21:09 +0200

Hi Vaughan,

On 27.08.19 04:40, Vaughan McAlley wrote:
Hi,

I’m trying to convert a large choral project to 2.19. When I compile with 2.19, melismas don't work at all. For example:

c'4 \melisma d' e' \melismaEnd f

puts a note on every syllable.

I made a MWE which works perfectly. Diffs between the old and new files have no changes except for the \version line and removing parser and location in music functions. No file sets melismaBusyProperties.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Unfortunately not—that sounds like a really annoying problem, and I’m afraid the only way might be progressively reducing the score to a minimal example and checking at which point the problem goes away…

How do you align the lyrics to the notes? \lyricsto?

Best, Simon