Re: parts sharing a staff

From: Shevek
Subject: Re: parts sharing a staff
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 12:15:04 -0700 (MST)

Okay, I see what you're doing. I can see how this would be helpful if you're
an engraver doing multiple editions of a piece. From my perspective, this
type of separation of concerns is actually counterproductive, because as I
compose I may add or subtract measures many times. Having to keep the
editorial changes synced with the score would mean I'm in effect defining
the music twice, and it would be less readable, because it obscures the
musical reason for combining or separating staves.