Re: Multiple rest and system break

From: Menu Jacques
Subject: Re: Multiple rest and system break
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 17:59:06 +0200

Hello Trevor,

Thanks, I had never used \newSpacingSection.

JM

Le 16 juin 2017 à 17:46, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> a écrit :

Menu Jacques wrote Friday, June 16, 2017 11:39 AM

This beats me : in the following snippet, why is there a break after ‘R1*2’ ? There seems to be plenty of room to put everything on a single line…?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19"

P_POne_Staff_One_Voice_One = \relative {
\compressMMRests

R1*2 |
R1   |
r2 r4 r8 r16 r32 r64 r128 r128 |
\bar "|."
}

\score {
<<
    \new Staff <<
      \context Voice = "P_POne_Staff_One_Voice_One" <<
        \P_POne_Staff_One_Voice_One

\layout {
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

It's nothing to do with \compressMMRests.  This behaves the same:

P_POne_Staff_One_Voice_One = \relative {
 R1*2
 r2 r4 r8 r16 r32 r64 r64 |
}

Rather it is to do with mixing very long and very short notes in the same
spacing section.

This behaves correctly:

P_POne_Staff_One_Voice_One = \relative {
 R1*2
 \newSpacingSection
 r2 r4 r8 r16 r32 r64 r64 |
}