Re: Color tweaks (edition engraver)

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Color tweaks (edition engraver)
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 22:04:38 -0500

Hi Kieren,

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 6:29 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi David,

> > Out of curiosity, do you get results with color-tweaks2.ly (attached somewhere above)?
> Same thing: the EE-added tweak gets executed, but doesn’t appear in the log output.
> So it doesn't get colored?

Sorry… let me be more clear. I \include-d the edition-engraver, and compiled twice: once with an \editionMod to move the [initial] Clef, and once without. The first time, the Clef moved (as expected) and was coloured (as hoped); the second time, the Clef was neither moved nor coloured (both as expected).

HOWEVER, the console output was identical in both cases: the tweak was not recorded in the output (as I thought it should have been?).

OK, then the modifying actual grobs approach is proving to be more useful on several counts.

The attached file contains some improvements over color-tweaks2.ly.  The main difference is that it uses a simple Scheme engraver which must be \consists-ed.

\voiceTwo and the like will result in colored objects (stems for example), but I don't think there's any help for that.  Call it a feature :)

Best,
David