Re: Color tweaks (edition engraver)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Color tweaks (edition engraver)
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 19:29:53 -0400

Hi David,

> > Out of curiosity, do you get results with color-tweaks2.ly (attached
> > somewhere above)?
> Same thing: the EE-added tweak gets executed, but doesn’t appear in the log
> output.
> So it doesn't get colored?

Sorry… let me be more clear. I \include-d the edition-engraver, and compiled
twice: once with an \editionMod to move the [initial] Clef, and once without.
The first time, the Clef moved (as expected) and was coloured (as hoped); the
second time, the Clef was neither moved nor coloured (both as expected).

HOWEVER, the console output was identical in both cases: the tweak was not
recorded in the output (as I thought it should have been?).

Hope that helps.
Kieren.

p.s. Why not just download the edition engraver .zip file
(https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/archive/master.zip) and test things
yourself? Here’s all you need to add:

1. At the top
\include "openlilylib-master/editorial-tools/edition-engraver/definitions.ily"
\addEdition test
\editionMod test 1 0/4 test.Score.A \once \override Score.Clef.extra-offset =
#'(0 . 2)

2. Somewhere else
\layout {
  \context {