Re: Note names in Midi Note Numbers?

From: Tim Roberts
Subject: Re: Note names in Midi Note Numbers?
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 09:30:39 -0800

David Kastrup wrote:
> Tim Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> ...LilyPond
>> can print music with quartertones, but it won't be in the MIDI files
>> it produces.
> Not?  <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2234>
> would not exactly make all that much sense if you were right.

You're correct, of course.  I "assumed", and I should have checked
before making an assertion like that.   Shame on me.

I checked the source -- Lily uses pitch wheel bend to implement
fractional pitches.  Pitch wheel support is not universal, but it is
common enough.

--
Tim Roberts, address@hidden
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.