Re: Note names in Midi Note Numbers?

From: Bernardo Barros
Subject: Re: Note names in Midi Note Numbers?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:00:03 -0800

On 02/28/2012 11:05 AM, Jonghyun Kim wrote:

> I wanna calculate by half step also quartertones.
> Ie: 48.5 + 50 = 98.25
> It means: c semi-sharp + d = ?
> Could you understand me?

I think you are looking for a different tool. OpenMusic is a domain
specific language for algorithmic composition.

Check abjad [1] (more mature, for python) and LilyCollider [2] (my own
dog food for supercollider, still incomplete). Also Common Music might
do what you want [3]. Check JMSL too [4], it you want to learn Java. You
can also try to run OpenMusic under wine, but the most elegant option
would be to hire a lisp hacker to port it to Linux. It would be
certainly possible, I'm not just quite sure how hard it woud be.

There are some tools for Haskell too. Check this nice book ``The Haskell
School of Music'' [5] And also hly [6] (``A very lightweight embedding
of the lilypond typesetting model in haskel''). hly could grow into
something quite remarkable.

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Abjad/2.7
[2] https://github.com/smoge/LilyCollider
[3] http://sourceforge.net/projects/commonmusic/