Re: LSR and Documentation/snippets/new

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: LSR and Documentation/snippets/new
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 12:04:41 +0200

Le 07/05/2022 à 11:44, Sebastiano Vigna a écrit :
On 7 May 2022, at 09:30, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

- What is the LSR's bus factor? As far as I can see, 1,
   since while Sebastiano was inactive it remained stuck
   in 2.18 (I for one thought it was dead and buried,
   I stopped interacting with it because making snippets
   compatible with 2.18 was extra work, and I'm seldom
   seeing links to it on mailing lists these days),
True, my fault. I'll try to be more responsive in the future. In this round I
have revamped a lot of things that I was terrified to touch with a ten foot
pole, as I thought they would break (it's been almost 20 years).

"I'll try to be more responsive in the future" is appreciated,
but not what I'm trying to invite. Everyone has their job,
life, worries etc. Infrastructure relying on a single person
is bound to know periods of bitrot. How about finding other people
to share administration of the LSR?

- What can be done to increase this bus factor?

Well, if you see it's not really used, we can make it go to infinity by
shutting it down...

I think it's not really used at the moment because the LilyPond
version is 8 years old. I at least will definitely use it more when
it gets updated to 2.22.

Jean