Re: ready for 2.21.80?

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: ready for 2.21.80?
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 20:14:20 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 25.10.2020, 19:57 +0100 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld:
> Am Sonntag, den 25.10.2020, 19:29 +0100 schrieb Jean-Charles
> Malahieude:
> > Le 25/10/2020 à 19:13, Jonas Hahnfeld a écrit :
> > > I can try to help if I understand the problem in detail. As you mention
> > > the NR, you're probably referring to the Selected Snippets / Morceaux
> > > choisis? The first example would be:
> > > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/notation/writing-pitches.fr.html#accidentals
> > > Are you saying that you're seeing the English text instead?
> >
> > Exactly. And it's the same everywhere. I can't check snippets.html since
> > its revival came just this Summer (but it was in French except for the
> > menu).
> >
> > > As a translator, you're probably building in-tree without a separate
> > > build directory? I'll test that kind of setup in a second, maybe
> > > there's a problem with that.
> >
> > Thank you for any idea you might dig out!
>
> So it's indeed this setup and I can reproduce the problem when
> configuring and building directly in the source tree. Unfortunately, I
> suspect this is fallout from
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/347 which would
> be a pain to revert. I need to think if I can spot an error in the
> include path order and if it's possible to correct without breaking a
> bunch of other stuff...

Oh no, that's again the problem that lilypond-book prepends the current
working directory to the list of include paths. So fully qualifying as
snippets/<name>.ly makes the in-tree build first find the (unprocessed)
file Documentation/snippets/<name>.ly and not the translated one in
Documentation/out-www/snippets/<name>.ly