Re: [RFC] Enabling GitLab CI

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: [RFC] Enabling GitLab CI
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 16:10:37 -0400

On May 17, 2020, at 15:27, Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> wrote:
> if we want to get faster builds, we can always add our own machines.
> That is a matter of installing Docker and the runner (packages provided
> by GitLab). Configuration is as simple as running one command and
> pasting the URL as well as a token.

How much routine network traffic will the runner generate?  Obviously, it will
need to pull the Docker image when it is updated, and that will happen
occasionally, but I'm more curious about the building & testing itself.  Will
there be large logs or build artifacts sent back to GitLab or otherwise served
to people browsing the project?

I might be willing to plug in a cheap, headless computer to crank through
patches night and day, but probably not if it will upload GBs of results.
—
Dan