Re: packaging lilypond as a docker container?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: packaging lilypond as a docker container?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 07:51:13 +0100

Karlin High writes:

> Am I understanding it correctly, that the Guix project in the linked
> message successfully used MinGW to make a "Hello, World" command line
> program for Windows?

Yes.  I finished the mingw cross build of guile-2.x so we have that in
Guix now.  Currently I am using that with Mike Gran's yet unmerged
wip-mingw-guile-2.2 branch to build Guile binaries for Windows.

At the time I rewrote the native lilypond build, I think some
configure/autoconf patches were needed for Guix) and prototyped the
mingw cross build

    https://gitlab.com/janneke/guix/tree/wip-mingw32+lilypond

that would need some work to finish and merge.

Since then, Carl Dong has implemented the bitcoin build and mingw cross
build; as a divergence here is a nice talk about why he did that

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2iShmUTEl8

He has stated to have interest in developing a MacOS cross build.

Greetings,
janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com