How to use LilyDev without systemd

From: Peter Toye
Subject: How to use LilyDev without systemd
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 10:18:28 +0000

Dear Federico,

Thomas Morley forwarded you an email from
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/A-suggestion-add-rf-to-built-in-dynamics-td226659.html

One issue in it was that my Linux distro (antiX) does not have systemd, and it
appears from the documentation that LilyDev needs it. I am a Linux newbie, and
don't fully understand the container system. Apparently you are the expert on
this.

Is there any chance you could find time to let me know whether the container
version of LilyDev will run under any of the easily-available container
managers (Docker, LXC...)? If it wn't, I suppose that I will  have to try to
find a Linux version that will run on my rather ancient laptop.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com