move some OLL functions to vanilla LilyPond? [was: A suggestion: add \rf

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: move some OLL functions to vanilla LilyPond? [was: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics]
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 12:34:37 +0100

Am 04.01.20 um 12:29 schrieb Malte Meyn:
But that brings me to another question: Shouldn’t we add the \dynamic command from openlilylib to vanilla LilyPond? This would allow users to have “p dolce”, “più f” and ‘exotic’ dynamics like “mfz” whithout having to define extra commands using make-dynamic-script.

One could argue that openlilylib can be installed easily but users might not want to install “addons” for basic tasks like this. (In fact, I have never used openlilylib apart from copying definitions from the definitions.ily files and I see myself as a advanced user; I don’t think that many newbies will use oll …)

Same argument for \shapeII.