Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 10:55:07 +0000

> Am So., 5. Jan. 2020 um 14:20 Uhr schrieb Peter Toye <address@hidden>:

>> But I'm really not familiar in any detail with the whole patching process,
>> whether or not I use git directly or via LilyDev and/or lily-git and/or
>> git-cl (the relationship between these components is a bit pobscure to me).

> git-cl is a different tool

I thought so - thanks for the confirmation.

> Once you've access to the source-files then
> many parts fall into the
> right place automatically, at least I hope so ;)

So do I :)

>> there's the business of submitting it. CG section 3 says at the head "Send
>> patch files to the appropriate place:".

> Using git-cl will do the job for you.

Thanks.

> Well, the idea of mentoring is a very nice one. As far as I can tell it never
> worked really.
> Though, you'll get always support here. At least as long as people are
> available.
> Speaking only for me, tomorrow my winter-break ends, meaning I'll have less
> time for LilyPond.

I see - I'll have to get to grips with git-cl then.

> I'm not a programmer, and I never got any formal lessons on it, i.e. I'm an
> autodidact.

I was a programmer (and I think quite a good one) many years ago, but the
thought of learning another programming style at my age (I last looked at list
processing languages at university in the 1960s) is a bit daunting.

>> Also, I'm a Linux newbie - still trying to get my head around the whole
>> 'container' concept. There seem to be a number of different container
>> management systems: Docker and LXC to name but two. Does it matter which one
>> I use? My system is systemd-free (on purpose), and the instructions you
>> pointed out to me earlier imply that I should have it. Is this a
>> show-stopper?

> Don't know. I hope Federico does. cc-ing him.

Thanks - I hope he has time to answer.

>Well, I have some practise in _writing_ mails, but you never heard my _spoken_
>english ;)

Better than my spoken German, I assure you.

Best regards,

Peter