Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 12:29:09 +0100

Am 04.01.20 um 11:04 schrieb Peter Toye:
I suggest that \rf (for rinforzando) be added to the built-in dynamic list.

I suggested this on the users list, and got two replies, one fairly positive,
one negative.

My rationale is that it's accepted as a synonym of rfz, and was used as such by
both Beethoven (who also used rfz and rinf.) and Brahms. And also by a far
lesser composer whose work I've just engraved.

As I wrote on the user list, IMO \rf should be added.

But that brings me to another question: Shouldn’t we add the \dynamic command from openlilylib to vanilla LilyPond? This would allow users to have “p dolce”, “più f” and ‘exotic’ dynamics like “mfz” whithout having to define extra commands using make-dynamic-script.