Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (incons

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 12:43:02 +0000

Comment #19 on issue 2658 by address@hidden: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)

"Please don't push it yet"? We are currently in review state so pushing it would be rather strange. And "fixed after a few weeks" is a strange idea for a time frame since Ghostscript is released independently from LilyPond, so we need a strategy that needs to work with _years_ of differences.

At any rate, I am still working on this one. It should be feasible to let the PostScript code behave differently depending on whether it is converted to bitmaps or to PDF. However, it would be nice to get feedback about where Ghostscript is going to move regarding the various inconsistencies in future. It turns out that even with bitmaps, setstrokeadjust behaves differently when setting a clip region and drawing straightforwardly. I rather like the bitmap outcome when setting a clip region, but it is not clear that it is there to stay, depending on whether or how Ghostscript is going to plan to tackle the inconsistencies between bitmap and PDF generation and between clipping and stroking.