Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (incons

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 15:01:36 +0000

Comment #12 on issue 2658 by address@hidden: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)

Concerning comment #10:

Well, the original problem was about how pdfs display and print. I find the improved ghostscript png export a nice addition, but in my opinion the most important thing is to have good-looking pdfs. In this regard, stem rendering hasn't improved (and in case of Poppler it got rather worse).

Here are screenshots showing how the output looks in Adobe Reader:
http://lilypond-stuff.1065243.n5.nabble.com/file/n5705608/adobe_2.17.13.PNG
http://lilypond-stuff.1065243.n5.nabble.com/file/n5705608/adobe_reader_David.PNG

a few interesting things:
- LedgerLine behaviour changed, and i don't mean the roundedness. This surprises me because i thought that LedgerLines aren't rounded rectangles. You may notice that without your patch Ledgers display inconsistently in Adobe Reader, while with your patch they seem to be ok. In case of Okular, there's a slight improvement as well, but rather in positioning. - intermediate values of grey are now used. Previously at this zoom level all stems were totally black; either 1 pixel or 2 pixel wide - now some stems (e.g. 3rd one in 2nd line) are displayed as 1 line black and 1 line grey).

I'll test new patchset asap.