Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2801 in lilypond: Patch: Approximates cross-st

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2801 in lilypond: Patch: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skylines.
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 05:17:29 +0000

Comment #36 on issue 2801 by address@hidden: Patch: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skylines.

"Easier to work on if it is already in master" is nonsense. Master is a moving target, debugging things will have to take place in a fixed copy.

2815 is a pure front-end only patch. It may change some order of garbage collection but that's it. If the regtests exactly in the area you have been working on flip around, it is not related in any useful manner. It may well be that you are working with uninitialized memory or are not properly protecting variables you are working with.

If this code did not make LilyPond regress, you would not need to tamper with all standard predefined slur overrides in our code base in the first place. Obviously you can't catch any overrides in user code in that manner.

I don't see the point in destabilizing master with known faulty code. I don't understand why you think debugging can't happen in a private branch.