Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2801 in lilypond: Patch: Approximates cross-st

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2801 in lilypond: Patch: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skylines.
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 05:01:29 +0000

Comment #35 on issue 2801 by address@hidden: Patch: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skylines.

Before reverting it, what I'd like to see is some sort of call-by-call map of the related code seeing what values are being sent in as inputs and what is being returned as outputs. I agree that this is problematic and should be squashed, but it makes it easier to work on if it is already in master. Also, it could be the case that there is actually interaction between 2815 and this patch, in which case that's important to know. I would only revert it if somehow the code makes other parts of LilyPond regress or if the cause seemed so esoteric (some unknown phenomenon related to g++, for example) that it was too much of a question mark to have in current master.