Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2719 in lilypond: Patch: Brain surgery on the

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2719 in lilypond: Patch: Brain surgery on the build system, first stage
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 01:38:30 +0000

Comment #17 on issue 2719 by address@hidden: Patch: Brain surgery on the build system, first stage

Without recognizable effort or plan to move forward on issue 2656, I will not hold the release of 2.16 off. I don't see that this is a regression, so stopping the release will leave users with a strictly worse stable release of LilyPond.

So the developer blackmail in this case is "if you don't try fixing this, I will release" rather than "if you don't fix this, I will not release".

I want a release numbering that gives me the freedom to do several 2.16 prereleases. But that does not mean that I will pick a release plan that _forces_ me to do several 2.16 prereleases.