libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup

From: paukoen
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 08:59:19 -0400

Hi Leah,

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 05:24:41AM +0100, Leah Woods wrote:
> Using gendocs meant I needed texi2html according to it, but I couldn't
> quite get it to build. The instructions I need must assume a default
> (barebones) Trisquel installation.

The scripts only call makeinfo and texi2dvi, which I think are part of
the texinfo package on Trisquel (I don't have access to my Trisquel
installation right now). For pdf output tex is required. tar and gzip
are also called. I had to not use gendocs in order to allow for building
only one kind of documentation at a time.

So I think to build on a default Trisquel installation the instructions
would just be to install texinfo (and texlive-core if making pdf output)
and run ./build docs <format>.

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 09:34:34PM +0100, Leah Woods wrote:
> Hi Paul, can you rebase this patch? I didn't notice it the other day
> and now it does not apply.

This patch is no longer needed. In the build scripts patch I found I
think a better solution to the image paths problem (@set{} and
@value{}).

Thanks,
Paul