libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup

From: paukoen
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 13:18:10 -0400

Hi Leah,

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 06:29:57AM +0100, Leah Woods wrote:
> Thanks. Could you write a script that automatically takes this and
> generates it into standard html pages? The way GNU documentation is
> usually done (e.g. all one page, separate pages, and so on). I think
> you can use "gendocs" for this which is part of GNU.
>
> What we want in libreboot is for this to be integrated into the build
> system, so that you could run:
> ./build docs html
> ./build docs html-one-page
> ./build docs pdf
> etc

I made an attempt at this. gendocs doesn't have as much flexibility
regarding output formats. It has a --no-html switch for example but no
option to create monolithic html and not html split by node. The
index.html it creates assumes that all formats will be generated, as far
as I can tell.

I wrote small scripts to build the manuals, and adapted part of gendocs
for building the index. The index script is pretty rough in comparison
to gendocs, and any input/criticism would be welcome. libreboot.texi is
also patched here, replacing relative paths to images etc. with absolute
paths via @set{} and @value{} (and pwd in the build scripts).

Dvi and postscript output require images to be in eps format, according
to the texinfo manual, so those options are broken for now. I got pdf
output to work on trisquel but not parabola, though the pdf does still
need a lot of cleanup.

Best wishes,
Paul