libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup

From: Leah Woods
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 21:34:34 +0100

Hi Paul, can you rebase this patch? I didn't notice it the other day
and now it does not apply.

Op 23/05/16 om 19:20 schreef address@hidden:
> Hi Leah, apologies again for the delay.
>
> Now that libreboot.texi is located in the docs directory (and not
> in docs/src), references to images and text files in docs/resources
> need to be changed from '../resources/' to simply 'resources/'. I
> am attaching a patch that does this (though it's a pretty trivial
> change).
>
> On Sun, 22 May 2016 03:55:35 +0100 Leah Woods <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> Regarding Info, is there a way to use something like HTML alt=""
>> used on images? With this, we could use text instead where image
>> display is not possible (this also benefits HTML, for users on
>> browsers that disable images, or can't display images). This way,
>> if it's not possible to display images in a TTY when using
>> "info", then we could have textual descriptions instead. So a
>> board pic for instance that shows you the flash chip could
>> instead describe in words where it is, and what the pins are, and
>> so on.
>
> Yes, there is an alt text field in texinfo @image which is
> displayed in Info output. It seems like this would work well. The
> syntax for @image is:
>
> @image{FILENAME[, WIDTH[, HEIGHT[, ALTTEXT[, EXTENSION]]]]}
>
> When I tried this out I noticed that it is helpful to add '@*'
> after the image statement because otherwise in Info output there is
> no line break between the alt text and normal text that follows. It
> might also make sense to begin the alt text with e.g. 'Image: ' for
> clarity.
>
> Best wishes, Paul

- --
Leah Woods

Libreboot developer
Freenode IRC nick (#libreboot): vimuser

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free operating system, GNU/Linux.
https://www.gnu.org/

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support freedom. Join the Free Software Foundation.
https://fsf.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: http://minifree.org/