[igraph] Install on Ubuntu 14.04.1 -- .bashrc add LD_LIBRARY_PATH

From: Steve Koch
Subject: [igraph] Install on Ubuntu 14.04.1 -- .bashrc add LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:06:28 -0700

I believe I fixed my problem, but not sure if the instructions for installing igraph C library should be amended, or whether it's a small bug.

I was getting the following error after following instructions for igraph C and python:

ImportError: libigraph.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Following a clue on this old page, I added the following to my ~/.bashrc file, which fixed the problem:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/

Is this something that should be added to the current documentation? Is it a small bug? Or is it just a quirk of my systems (I had same behavior on two Ubuntu systems).

Thanks!

--Steve