Re: [igraph] plot: edges cross vertexes

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: [igraph] plot: edges cross vertexes
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 00:19:36 -0400

> * Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden> [2012-10-16 19:58:21 -0400]:
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Sam Steingold <sds-mXXj517/address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> so I have to save igraph graph in dot, load it into R _again_(!) using
>> graphviz - and get a segfault in the process! :-(
>
> If you use graphviz from R, then you don't actually have to save the
> graph, you can convert it to a 'graph' object:
> http://igraph.sourceforge.net/doc/R/graphNEL.html

How come I missed this?
Thanks!!

>> I understand your reluctance to repeat the efforts already done by the
>> others, but I really think it is worth it to do something similar to the
>> 500 lines of JS in <https://github.com/anvaka/VivaGraphJS>
>
> Which algorithm, in particular?

Dunno :-(
Someone created an html file to render some graphs for me.

> Why do you think this algorithm is
> better than the ones in igraph?

Visual inspection.  Especially impressive is the ability to move
vertexes around to get a better picture...
I will try to get a chart to compare with the one I posted in the start
of the topic.

> They don't use any curved edges.

I don't care about those.  I used them only because I thought they would
help edges avoid vertexes.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) X 11.0.11103000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://memri.org