Re: [igraph] Problem installing python-igraph on Mac OS X Lion related t

From: Jonathan Donges
Subject: Re: [igraph] Problem installing python-igraph on Mac OS X Lion related to ARPACK
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 15:06:43 +0100

Hi,

I removed all older versions of the igraph C libraries and made sure that the
libs are installed in /usr/local/lib. The headers are installed in
/usr/local/include. I made sure that these directories are referenced both in
the setup.cfg and setup.py files as recommended:

sudo python setup.py install
Using default include and library paths for compilation
If the compilation fails, please edit the LIBIGRAPH_FALLBACK_*
variables in setup.py or include_dirs and library_dirs in
setup.cfg to point to the correct directories and libraries
where the C core of igraph is installed
()
Include path: /usr/include /usr/local/include
Library path: /usr/lib /usr/local/lib

I still get the same errors as before when trying to install python-igraph on
Lion:

…
building 'igraph._igraph' extension
gcc-4.2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -g
-O2 -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I../../build/include
-I../../include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include
-I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/include/python2.7 -c
src/arpackobject.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.6-intel-2.7/src/arpackobject.o
In file included from src/arpackobject.c:24:
src/arpackobject.h:28:27: error: igraph_arpack.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/arpackobject.h:29,
                 from src/arpackobject.c:24:
src/graphobject.h:28:20: error: igraph.h: No such file or directory
…

Do you have an idea what I could do next?

Thanks,
Jonathan