Re: [igraph] igraph (R) get.all.shortest.paths memory issue

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph (R) get.all.shortest.paths memory issue
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 11:13:08 +0200

Hi Dahzi,

this is a bit strange, to be honest. Theoretically you can have a lot
of shortest paths in a (relatively) dense graph, and
get.all.shortest.paths has to keep track of all shortest paths to all
vertices (at least until it finds all paths that are shorter than the
one to j), so it might really need a lot of memory.

But still, I think 8Gb memory should work for a graph like yours.
Could you please send me your graph in private, so that I can
investigate this issue better?

Btw. which operating system are you using?

Thanks,
Gabor