Re: [igraph] Number of isolated nodes in the network

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Number of isolated nodes in the network
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 11:05:45 +0200

Claudia,

while you did not ask it explicitly, I guess your question is how to
do this with igraph. Pretty simple:

library(igraph)

el <- matrix(scan(path), byrow=TRUE, ncol=3)
g <- graph.edgelist(el[,1:2]-1)
sum(degree(g)==0)

will give you the number of isolates. Please see the manual page of
'graph.edgelist' and 'degree' for details. The '-1' is because igraph
vertex ids are numbered from zero, you don't need it if the input file
is already zero based.

You'll need some more modifications if your vertex ids are not
consecutive or symbolic.

Best Regards,
Gabor