Re: [igraph] Getting the latest development version of igraph

From: Richard Geddes
Subject: Re: [igraph] Getting the latest development version of igraph
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 14:25:45 -0500

When I tried the make command, an error resulted saying it couldn't find yacc.... which I did not have installed.  after searching the packages for yacc, I got the following list of parser generators:

$100> apt-cache search yacc
bison - A parser generator that is compatible with YACC
byacc - public domain Berkeley LALR Yacc parser generator
bison-1.35 - A parser generator that is compatible with YACC
btyacc - Backtracking parser generator based on byacc
cl-yacc - parser generator for Common Lisp
happy - Parser generator for Haskell
lemon - The Lemon Parser Generator
libparse-recdescent-perl - Generates recursive-descent parsers in Perl
libparse-yapp-perl - Perl module for creating fully reentrant LALR parser OO Perl modules
menhir - Parser generator for OCaml
perl-byacc - The Berkeley LALR parser generator, Perl version
python-ply - Lex and Yacc implementation for Python
python-ply-doc - Lex and Yacc implementation for Python
python-pyparsing - Python parsing module
racc - Ruby LALR parser generator
styx - combined parser/scanner generator for C/C++
wyg - (Where's Your Grammar?) command line parser generator
mono-jay - LALR(1) parser generator oriented to Java/CLI

I assume if I install any/some/most of these there will be a symbolic link to yacc.  Do you recommend a particular parser generator?

Thanks
Richard