Re: [igraph] Getting the latest development version of igraph

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Getting the latest development version of igraph
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 12:27:03 +0100

Richard,

what is your operating system?
If you happen to have linux then there should be a tla package
for your distribution, eg. in Debian or Ubuntu Linux all
you need is typing

apt-get install tla

The arch homepage is here:
http://regexps.srparish.net/www/index.html#Gnu-arch
This seems to be good starting point if you have MS Windows or OSX:
http://www.gnuarch.org/gnuarchwiki/

As for using tla itself, it is quite easy, first your register the
igraph archive:

tla register-archive http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/arch/address@hidden
tla my-default-archive address@hidden

Then you get the sources into a directory called igraph-dev-0.5:

tla get igraph--main--0.5 igraph-dev-0.5

To update your archive all you need is to go into the igraph-dev-0.5
directory and type

tla update

Compiling the development version needs autoconf and automake, libtool,
maybe more tools as well. It can be done with something like:

./bootstrap.sh
./configure
make
make install

If you want to create an R package, you also need Python installed,
and obviously, GNU R too. Do this:

./bootstrap.sh
./configure
./bootstrap.sh