hyperbole-users

Re: Praise on HyRolo

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Praise on HyRolo
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 13:19:35 +0300

* Robert Weiner <rswgnu@gmail.com> [2020-08-06 16:36]:
> Thanks for your feedback and posting.  I think there are good ideas
> in your msg for calling, texting, and faxing.  One key need would be
> to agree on numbering and the format if each type of number.  To
> allow for similar things I have long prefaced telephone numbers with
> functional single character prefixes, for Work, Home, Mobile, Fax,
> etc.  Then they are recognized as implicit buttons to do what I
> want.

How do you use it? Does it work in general Hyperbole version? I have
tried, but it just opened otl file to read it.

I would like to make an action that works on numbers, if it is easy to
do in Hyperbole, let me know, maybe something exists already. I would
go for option menu to choose from SMS, call, fax or Kill into memory.

> I think we will also consider whether the action/assist keys could,
> with a specific setting enabled, support a context-aware popup menu
> to choose from multiple actions, with keyboard support.

That makes HyRolo pretty powerful even for calling center. And I think
that link to picture inside of the HyRolo file, should open up picture
of the person.

Jean