Re: polar coordinates from [-pi, pi] to [0, 2 pi]

From: insafba
Subject: Re: polar coordinates from [-pi, pi] to [0, 2 pi]
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 04:38:38 -0600 (CST)

okey Andreas, I'll explain the whole thing:
I have some data related to points of the perimeter of a circle (which is
not perfect and have some deviations) that I collected from a 3D scan of a
part. When I represent the data by polar commend, I have (as mentioned
before) a circle. BUT, when I want to plot the deviation (the nominal radius
- the actual data), I have a total mess representation as shown in the next
figure
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373159/figure_with_mod.jpg>
what I want is a continuous representation of the deviation so I can apply
on it a fitting model after that.
I hope that all is clear.
I appreciate any help you could provide me.
Thank you!