Re: Unofficial octave 4.4.0 Windows binary with large arrays

From: mmuetzel
Subject: Re: Unofficial octave 4.4.0 Windows binary with large arrays
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 11:41:53 -0700 (MST)

I thought that the 64-bit version of Octave now supported large arrays by
default. At least that is how I understood the NEWS file:
"** On systems with 64-bit pointers, --enable-64 is now the default and
    Octave always uses 64-bit indexing.  However, if the configure
    script determines that the BLAS library uses 32-bit integers, then
    operations using the following libraries are limited to arrays with
    dimensions that are smaller than 2^31 elements:

      BLAS  LAPACK  QRUPDATE  SuiteSparse  ARPACK

    Additionally, the following libraries use "int" internally, so
    maximum problem sizes are always limited:

      glpk  Qhull"

But I now see that the official Windows build was configured with
"--disable-64". Was that intended?