Re: Unofficial octave 4.4.0 Windows binary with large arrays

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Unofficial octave 4.4.0 Windows binary with large arrays
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 19:52:34 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: mmuetzel
> To: help-octave> Cc:
> Date: 2018/5/6, Sun 19:17
> Subject: Re: Unofficial octave 4.4.0 Windows binary with large arrays
>
>>  > Is it possible to somehow determine which flags where used to
> configure
>>  > mxe-octave for the official installer?
>>

>>  --enable64 --enable-windows64 and --enable-fortran-int64 for stable
>>  branch.
>
> If those are the configure flags used for the official installer, it is even
> stranger how it ended up with "--disable-64" in its configure flags...
>
> I think I never cross-compiled stable Octave. But it was definitely
> different for 4.3.0+ and still is for 5.0.0.

Sorry, I have partly misled what you say.

For 4.4, to build flawless octave windows binary with 64bit index, we need
--enable-fortran-int64 for mxe.

Without  --enable-fortran-int64, build with 64 bit index gives broken binary.

Two options exist for 64 bit binary for  mxe cross build for windows of octave
4,4.
1. disable 64 bit index
2. enable 64 bit index and other libraires are also buit 64 bit index

For case 2, other libraires are also buit 64 bit index, but it has not well
tesed at the moment,

Perhaps thus the developer selected the first.

Again this is mere my gnuess.

Tatsuro