Re: Re: Unofficial octave 4.4.0 Windows binary with large arrays

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Re: Unofficial octave 4.4.0 Windows binary with large arrays
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 13:47:26 -0400

On 05/05/2018 02:41 PM, mmuetzel wrote:
I thought that the 64-bit version of Octave now supported large arrays by
default.

It does.

But I now see that the official Windows build was configured with
"--disable-64". Was that intended?

No, that was a mistake.

I'll upload a build with the correct 64-bit indexing and 32-bit BLAS and other Fortran libraries soon. This configuration is the same as is typical for all other systems where the system BLAS, LAPACK, and other Fortran libraries are built with the default 32-bit INTEGER type.

jwe