Re: Unofficial octave 4.4.0 Windows binary with large arrays

From: mmuetzel
Subject: Re: Unofficial octave 4.4.0 Windows binary with large arrays
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 04:09:19 -0700 (MST)

> Without  --enable-fortran-int64, build with 64 bit index gives broken
binary.

What do you mean by "broken binary"?

This is an excerpt of the config.log of my mxe-octave:
ENABLE_64='yes'
ENABLE_BINARY_PACKAGES='yes'
ENABLE_DEP_DOCS='no'
ENABLE_DEVEL_TOOLS='yes'
ENABLE_DOCS='yes'
ENABLE_FORTRAN_INT64='no'
ENABLE_JAVA='yes'
ENABLE_JIT='no'
ENABLE_LIB64_DIRECTORY='no'
ENABLE_OCTAVE='default-'
ENABLE_OPENBLAS='yes'
ENABLE_QHULL_NO_STRICT_ALIASING_FLAG='no'
ENABLE_QT5='yes'
ENABLE_WINDOWS_64='yes'

If I am reading this correctly, I don't build 64-bit Fortran libraries but
do have 64-bit indexing. A cross-build with these settings doesn't fail any
of the tests in the test suite (except some xfails).

I am not aware of any changes in the default branch since it was merged to
stable for 4.4 that should have made a difference.

btw: I am very happy that you provide a modified version of Octave for
Windows that allows using large arrays. I am just wondering why the
"official" installer doesn't support them.