Problems with the ui* family of functions

From: Martin Kunz
Subject: Problems with the ui* family of functions
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 10:38:04 +0200

Hi,

The ui* family of functions are to my mind a valuable extension of Octave, thanks to everyone who was involved in their development!

Thanks also to Andreas Weber for the helpful example he posted recently [1] !

I am having some trouble with the ui* functions, though. Before submitting bug reports I wanted to make sure that the problem is not sitting in front of the screen.
Please have a look the attached sample script. It plots a sine wave that can be zoomed into in x-direction with a slider.
  1. If I drag the slider with the mouse, the yticks often change their length and the yticklabels move a bit horizontally. This does not happen if I click on the arrow buttons at the sides of the zoom slider.
  2. If I rescale the figure window interactively, the slider ends up in different places or is not visible at all. This also happens with Andreas' script (see the attached screenshot for an example). Neither refresh nor drawnow seem to help.

I am using Octave 4.2.0-rc2 on Windows 7.

[1] http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Creating-GUI-in-Octave-possible-tp4680097p4680099.html