Re: Problems with the ui* family of functions

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: Problems with the ui* family of functions
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:12:11 -0700 (PDT)

Martin Kunz wrote
> Thanks Pantxo and Mike for your answers!
>> slow resizing can turn into the widgets appearing to be stuck
>> in the wrong position on Windows.
>
> How slow is slow? I see wrongly placed widgets over minutes with no
> change.

I think "slow" means the interpreter and the figure (gui thread) are no more
synchronized: the last time the interpreter asked for a "drawnow" the gui
was already being drawing the previous figure state, so in the end a
"drawnow" has been dropped. And you can wait as long as you want, until a
drawnow is requested by the graphics sytem (the interpreter drawnow doesn't
do the job for me) this problem will stand.
What if you drag the corner of the figure just a little bitmore, do
uicontrols come back to their expected positions?

I tested the following :

figure ()
uipanel ()
## Drag the corner of the figure fast enough to have uipanel misplaced
pos = get (gcf, "position");
set (gcf, "position", pos+2)
## the uipanel takes the full canvas again

Pantxo