Re: Plot command crashes Octave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Plot command crashes Octave
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 15:43:04 -0400

On Jul 6, 2016, at 13:16, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 09:35:49 +0200, Sebastian wrote:
> thank you, I will go through the bug reports this week. Is there a
> possibility to assign (or "ping") people on savannah? - I really like
> gitlab/github/bitbucket because of those functionalities.
>
> If yes, you could ping me in such cases...

Yes, I can cc your Savannah user ID on any bugs that look Mac-specific
(not quite as shiny as GitHub, but you should get a message).

Users don't always say up front whether they installed from a bundle,
port, brew, bottle, or etc, but I'm assuming the slight surge in reports
is at least party due to the availability of the bundles :)

​WRT of the bundles. Do they all include gnuplot or at least some of them ​
​assume gnuplot installed in "standard" location?
I have noticed that even on linux octave is not the most graceful when
gnuplot_binary points to a wrong location:

>> graphics_toolkit gnuplot
>> gnuplot_binary ("/tmp/junk")
>> plot(1:2)
popen2 (child): No such file or directory
warning: broken pipe

(and I have to kill octave process w/ multiple Ctrl-C)

I can only guess how bad it is going to be on Mac.

Yes. The bundles for MacOS X includes gnuplot.

Ben