Re: GUI - start?

From: James Russell
Subject: Re: GUI - start?
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 11:27:33 -0800

Sunil,  Ben,

Thank you.  I was so close to giving up.  I've put:

graphics_toolkit('gnuplot');

in my .octaverc.

I've put:

tell application "Terminal"
        do script "`which octave-3.8.2` --force-gui; exit"
end tell

in a launcher I made with AppleScript and put it in my Applications folder.

I've copied the Octave icon from http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/ (near
upper right corner) over the generic Apple Script icon visible (in the upper
left corner) with right-click Get Info on that file.

Things seem to be working.

Much of this is obvious to you, but it would be nice if a newbie didn't have to
figure it all out.

I appreciate your help.

Jim