Re: GUI - start?

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: GUI - start?
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 11:58:43 -0800

> On Dec 1, 2014, at 11:36 AM, James Russell <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Alexander,
>
> During the remove I got several warnings "Couldn't stat source package list
> file: unstable/..." and a recommendation to "run apt-get to correct these
> problems".  I'm guessing that means 'find apt-get'.  Advisable before
> proceedint to install?  What does apt-get do?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Nope.

If you only got warnings about files in unstable… then that may mean that you
found some outdated advice (if on Fink’s website I’ll fix it) because Fink
hasn’t used an unstable tree anywhere in several years.

apt-get downloads and installs pre-built binaries, either from a remote website
such as our binary distribution, or from the local machine.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison