Re: GUI - start?

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: GUI - start?
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 11:49:12 -0800

> On Dec 2, 2014, at 11:27 AM, James Russell <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Sunil,  Ben,
>
> Thank you.  I was so close to giving up.  I've put:
>
> graphics_toolkit('gnuplot');
>
> in my .octaverc.
>
> I've put:
>
> tell application "Terminal"
>       do script "`which octave-3.8.2` --force-gui; exit"
> end tell
>
> in a launcher I made with AppleScript and put it in my Applications folder.
>
> I've copied the Octave icon from http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/ (near
> upper right corner) over the generic Apple Script icon visible (in the upper
> left corner) with right-click Get Info on that file.
>
> Things seem to be working.
>
> Much of this is obvious to you, but it would be nice if a newbie didn't have
> to figure it all out.
>
> I appreciate your help.
>
> Jim

I’m glad it’s working now.  I need to do an update of my blog to include a
matrix of all of the Octave options. :-)

Oh, and I think the CGContext… messages are mostly harmless, even though they
say “serious error”.  I’m not sure whether the problem resides in the FLTK
library or Octave, though.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison