Re: install pkg

From: Sunil Shah
Subject: Re: install pkg
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 08:35:40 -0800

Use Java 1.6 download from Apple 2014-001

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572

Make sure you have the latest Xquartz.

In my case, I installed octave382-atlas-qtamc-dev,  octave-atlas-qtmac and control-atlas-octave382

Sunil

Sunil

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 9:53 PM, James Russell <address@hidden> wrote:
Ben,

Okay, I tried fink.  I ran into a roadblock where it required Java be updated, I updated Java Runtime Environment, which is what it indicated, and got no progress.  A helpful supporter over at fink said not JRE, JDK, which it appears is Java Development Environment.  As I spelled out over at that forum there is no clear path to a JDK for Mac OS X 10.10.1 - not to say that there is no such thing, just that it is not clear where to find it.

I've spent non-trivial parts of days now trying to get Octave running on Mac OS X 10.10.1.  Can you tell me how to install JDK to get fink running to get ..............?

Thanks,

Jim